INNOVATION BLOSSOMS IN
BACK TO HOMEPAGE
IMPORTANT NOTE TO HEALTHCARE AND NON-HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
Access to the different areas and sessions of the Symposium depends on the status as Healthcare Professional or as Non-Healthcare Professional. Carefully read the below description to make sure you/your delegates are compliant with Slovenia’s regulations.
EADV Members are not designated as Healthcare Professionals by default. Please, define the correct status (HCP or Non-HCP) during the registration process.
According to the European Union Directive 2001/83 /EC (and amended version 2010/84/EU), the promotion of prescription only medicines should be directed solely at Healthcare Professionals or any person who is authorised to prescribe, use or handle them.
As a multidisciplinary audience will be attending the EADV Spring Symposium, the EADV will assign different classes to Healthcare Professionals (HCP) and Non-Healthcare Professionals (Non-HCP) to ensure compliance with these above regulations.
Slovenia’s “Forum’s code of practice adopted by the General Assembly of Forum of International Research and Development Pharmaceutical Companies, EIG on 20 March 2020 as amended on 16 November 2020”, defines HCPs as follows:
Healthcare Professional (HCP): any natural person that is a member of the medical, dental, pharmacy or nursing professions or any other person who, in the course of his/her professional activities, may prescribe, purchase, supply, recommend or administer a Medicinal Product and whose primary practice, principal professional address or place of incorporation is in Europe. For the purpose of this Code, the definition of HCPs includes:
- any official or employee of a government, agency or other organisation (whether in the public or private sector) that may prescribe, purchase, supply, recommend or administer Medicinal Products and
- any employee of a Member Company or Forum whose primary occupation is that of a practising HCP,
- all other employees of a Member Company or Forum and
- a wholesaler or distributor of Medicinal Products
Further, it specifies, in relation to the provision of promotional materials in “ARTICLE 8 – PROMOTIONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED DURING INTERNATIONAL EVENTS”:
“Promotional information which appears on exhibition stands or is communicated to participants at international Events may, unless prohibited or otherwise regulated by local laws and regulations, refer to Medicinal Products (or uses) which are not registered in the country where the Event takes place, or which are registered under different conditions, as long as:
- any such promotional material is accompanied by a suitable statement indicating the countries in which the Medicinal Product is registered and makes clear that the Medicinal Product or indication is not registered locally, and
- any such promotional material which refers to the prescribing information (indications, warnings etc.) authorized in a country or countries where the Medicinal Product is registered must be accompanied by an explanatory statement indicating that registration conditions differ internationally.“
Industry Sessions and Advertising
Satellite Symposia and Industry Hub Sessions presenting data on the development, research or other issues related to prescription medicine can be restricted to Healthcare Professionals and Industry Participants only upon indication provided by the Industry Session Organizer. All promotional flyers and marketing aids related to these industry sessions should be strictly limited to HCPs only.
Industry Session organisers could limit participation to certain representative groups independently from the EADV recommendations if deemed imperative to the achievement of the intended purpose of the Industry session. The organising company reserves the right to refuse single categories, in particular if not adequately related to the objective and purpose of the session.
STUDENTS and PATIENT ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVES are NOT considered as Healthcare Professionals under the current guidelines and will be automatically classified as NON-HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
The full EADV Scientific Programme, e-Poster Area and Industry sessions organised by companies producing over-the-counter (OTC) products and similar will be open to all participants.
keep in touch
Stay informed about latest EADV information.
Congresses, Education, JEADV, Membership, Newsletter...
yes, keep me informed
of Dermatology and Venereology
Copyright 2021 EADV
Only trust information from our official website: eadv.org